The other parent has stopped paying child support; what should I do?

The first thing to remember is to never withhold parenting time from the other parent unless the child is actually put in danger. The payment of child support has no bearing on parenting time rights and the court will frown upon a parent that has willfully withheld parenting time. North Dakota has a specific entity created through the North Dakota Department of Human Services called “Child Support Enforcement” that deals with child support payments that are in arrears. There are many ways to collect child support that is owed to you including requiring the parent’s employer to withhold child support payments from the parent’s paycheck.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on a legal matter.

To learn more, contact one of our Fargo attorneys today!

Why Choose Solberg Stewart Miller?

  • You Don't Pay Unless We Win
  • Complete Understanding of Your Story & Needs
  • Over $100 Million Dollars Recovered
  • Over 50 Years of Experience

Talk to a Fargo Attorney Today

Attorneys at Law Since 1966
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.